The best way to avoid the Houston drunk driving attorney is not to drive your car when you are drunk. This may sound too illogical to you if you are reading this piece of article after downing a couple of pages, but it might look meaningful when you read this while you are sober. This will help you in saving you from the stress of court proceedings, wasted working hours, spoiled weekends, cancelled license, probability of killing someone or getting killed, property damage and most importantly, the huge sum of fees you owe to the legal advice you get from the Houston drunk driving attorney.
Top Reasons to Avoid Alcohol Abuse and Drive
- If you really no other option than to drive the car yourself, it is better not to drink. If you have no other option in the party than to drink it is better to ask a sober man to drive the car. There seems to be no third option as of now.
- By avoiding alcohol abuse before driving ( that means you ensure complete sober stage) you are avoiding not only the lengthy legal proceedings, you are also keeping away from accidental injuries, broken limbs and probable death. Sometimes you might feel that having just one or two pegs might not harm anyone, think about it again. Recall the last time you started with all the good intentions of stopping on the second peg, but continued till your brains got conked off.
- It is the abnormal thinking of every alcohol consumer (especially those who go on a binge) to assume that this time he will be able to stop at a level which can keep him below that 0.08 mark on the officer’s alcohol testing device. If you faced any serious problems in the past, it is better to avoid that drink while driving.
How to Avoid Driving After Drinking
If you are seriously caught up in a party or an occasion wherein you cannot avoid drinking or getting drunk, it is better to avoid driving on that day. You could ask any of your sober friends to take you home or take up a taxi service. This is because you may not be allowed to take up other public transport when you are really high.
Benefits of Avoiding Alcohol Abuse while Driving
- Your driving license stays with you without getting any negative remarks on it. You don’t need to run behind a Houston drunk driving attorney, explaining your case, pleading guilty and requesting to be saved and spending time behind bars, besides paying heavy fines.
- The legal proceedings for alcohol abuse while driving is not something you can hide from your family, friends and professional circles. Just think of the shame and sense of self pity you will get into. This is a vicious cycle which you may not be able to overcome. Your career might also be at stake. Hence it is better to avoid alcohol consumption while you drive.